- Save the downloaded file into a folder on your hard
- In the folder, double-click the file name to start the installation.
Pixtra OmniStitcher Version history
Unify the method of creating a perspective view: now always from the displayed panorama image (previously,
if the panorama image was not saved, the perspective view would be created from raw stitching images).
Version 18.104.22.168: 04/29/2012
- Fixed match-field display blackout in the right when its width is wider than height.
- Added OmniTutorial sample photo set of Roman Colosseum
- Create virtual tour: set initial vista as the active saved panorama window, which can be the stitched
and saved panorama from current stitching project, or a previously saved panorama.
- Add [Upload Tour] button in toolbar:
After [Publish] user can upload the created tour to the website via FTP with one button click.
[View Uploaded Tour] in the upload dialog will show the uploaded tour page in the browser, where
the user can copy & paste its URL to send to others.
Fixed two issues with two extreme cases:
- The images for stitching have very long file path: Stitch fails with warning about Stistic.exe
- The images have very small focal length (tele-photo zooming in): blend crashes
More accurate auto-crop.
- New feature: [x] Runtime distortion correction, in "Stitch Settings" dialog:
Used to correct distortion if camera info file has not been created for use.
Optionally runtime distortion correction can be saved to create camera info file (as runtime method, in addition to CamCalibrate method), from
menu bar > Setup > Save to Camera Info File
Make sure of high-quality stitching, with rich scene features spanning most photos, little parallax effect, and
360-degree loop. Otherwise, wait for a good stitching set to save. It is strongly recommended to make camera info file using CamCalibrate method, which provides guaranteed high-quality
- Image-pair Marker method window: add two buttons:  stitch this pair  switch to Overlay method
- Image-pair Overlay method window: add tool bar with two buttons:  stitch this pair  switch to Marker method
Note that "stitch this pair" is same as Stitch bar > [Stitch].
- Fixed occasional crashes during blending
Version 22.214.171.124: 07/03/2010
Fixed occasional bad stitching with multiple image rows.
Shared Camera Info lib: for sample camera models; can be updated from Pixtra website.
Progress bar for auto-markers & elastic blending: messages to better indicate progress; allow cancel.
Blend with image distortion correction: sharper panorama image quality
Image pair overlay window: more precise rotation adjustment around anchor point; confine anchor point in foreground image.
Custom Camera Info creation: fix:
menu bar > Setup > Calibrate Camera Distortion/Calibration
menu bar > Help > Help > CamCalibrate Help
Fix discontinuity artifact in distortion corrected images, when camInfo with distortion correction is used.
Flash Virtual Tour viewer: fix: click in tour wheel rim to jump view to that direction.
Flash Virtual Tour Publish: add extension .dat to PixtraTour_flash_prms, to help web server mime security.
Version 126.96.36.199: 02/23/2010
Flash Virtual Tour viewer:
- Tour wheel: Wheel hub for movie/pan/zoom/next/prev; Wheel rim to indicate view coverage and to pan/zoom
- Tour bar: Include buttons of hotspot/sound/help/vistaBench/tourMap/fullScreen
- Tour map: New compass design; Show vista label upon mouse-over.
Custom Camera Info
- CamCalibrate: A setup utility to calibrate a camera that has distortion/color aberration, launched from
menu bar > Setup > Calibrate Camera Distortion/Aberration.
- Runtime focal length calibration: After finished stitching a good photo set, select
menu bar > Setup > Create/Update Focal Length to Camera Info File:
"Create" when no Camera Info file in current stitching, while "Update" when Camera Info file
as created for CamCalibrate is already used (to complete calibration with focal length).
Exif info (Exif~Exchangeable image file format): which is stored in photo files by the camera with info of comera model
/ focal length, etc. Exif info is now utilized in CamCalibrate, settings and stitching, for auto-consistency
Smart Settings: with Exif info used from both photo set and Camera Info file, the seetings is validated/optimized
when editing the Settings dialog and when start stitching, e.g., consistency of Camera Info file used
with the stitching phto set.
Stitch robustness: from Exif info plus custom Camera Info:
- A photo set with arbitrary zooming (focal length) changes and distortion can be stitched more robustly.
Note that until now distortion correction was not allowed for a photo set with different focal lengths.
- Image Pair Overlay method to stitch an image pair by visually adjusting their overlap:
With focal length available in Camera Info, overlay method is always allowed even with arbitrary zooming.
This unique stitching feature is particularly useful with challenging scenes like wavy water.
Configuration: to customize stitch Settings. Added:
- Blend method: () Fixed (x) Elastic: Elastic does better blending but can be time consuming.
Flash Virtual Tour viewer:
- Smoother spinning
- Added head bar to tourMap/VistaBench
- Added foreground/background sound volumn controls
Version 188.8.131.52: 10/31/2009
- Auto-markers: much faster especially for large numbers of images to stitch (>10); more robustness.
- Blend: fixed occasionally missed image area in blended panorama with Elastic option
Version 184.108.40.206: 10/17/2009
- Auto-stitch: greatly improved robustness - minimize need of manual stitching.
- Completely automated stitch sequencer: prompt for manual stitching a pair only when auto-stitch fails:
- Sequencer flexibility: anytime user can cancel the sequencing from progress bar, stitch an
unstitched image by dragging it to matching window & click Stitch, then resume sequencing
Version 220.127.116.11: 10/03/2009
- Flash tour: Beside Java tour, a tour can now be published with Flash tour player which is preferred, with its
resizable full-screen capability.
- Level panorama: a new feature to straighten the horizon and make scene vertical lines upright.
- Level/roll panorama effects are saved in project.
Version 18.104.22.168: 05/10/2009
Improved stitch accuracy when Focal Length is "Different Unknown"
Version 22.214.171.124: 04/09/2009
- Marker method: use auto-found markers at start - this provides chance to edit auto-stitching of an image pair.
- Image pair window: stitch error circles: markers with stitch error > 2 have error circle(s) drawn around it:
Circle radius is 5x error. Solid circle for image-pair stitch error; Dash circle for image-to-panorama stitch error.
- Blend: Add new blend engine: In Setting Dialog:
(x) Fixed: previous method that has fixed blend width as specified.
( ) Elastic: new method with dynamic blend width depending on image features in overlap regions. Smooth sky region with large brightness differences is smoothed over a wider blend width, yet detailed features are retained
with narrower blend width.
- Fixed rare stitch/blend crash when image set is taken with camera highly tilted.
- Virtual Tour:
Fix crash with non-Vista OS when launching tour authoring window.
Remove latency of ~30sec of showing 1st vista at tour start
Version 126.96.36.199: Release date: 11/10/2008
Fix issues with Windows Vista: Registration / Save config in virtual tour
Version 188.8.131.52: Release date: 10/18/2008
Virtual Tour: remove viewer white flashing of embedded tour while browser is being resized or scrolled
Version 184.108.40.206: Release date: 10/8/2008
Fix occasional large black background region in panorama
Add Stitch/Blend progress dialog bar
- New UI design
- Encode panorama: So your work is protected against web piracy
- Smart streaming(TM): Virtual tour media content can be large. Downloading all content from the web
can take some time. The smart streaming technology smooths web tour play.
- New navigation control buttons
- Starter page: add instruction to embed published tour page in another web page
Version 220.127.116.11: Release date: 4/19/2008
Fix launching problem with Windows 2000: "The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll", by including dbghelp.dll in the installation folder
Add registration debugging
Version 18.104.22.168: Release date: 2/24/2008
Virtual Tour: Add applet low memory warning; Add tour diagnostics help page; Fix layout with tour title available
Version 22.214.171.124: Release date: 2/12/2008
Brand new feature: Create Virtual Tour
Fixed occasional random crashing during Stitch/Blend.
Add crash dump feature.
Version 126.96.36.199: Release date: 9/3/2007
Fix occasional registration problem with Windows Vista.
Version 188.8.131.52: Release date: 10/12/2006
Fix crashing after saved an omnirama with long path.
Version 184.108.40.206: Release date: 9/3/2006
1. More robust auto-stitching
2. Add to tool bar: new/open/save/project; save image at 100%/display resolution;
3. Add main menu | Edit | Turn on Logging: to help debug crashing
4. Remember Image Browser settings of last stitching
5. Perspective view optical center can be adjusted off the image center
Version 1.0.09: Release date: 2/2/2004
Can stitch black-white images now. Fix memory leak in blending.
Version 1.0.08: Release date: 1/2/2004
Fix out of memory problem when images / focal length are large.
Version 1.0.07: Release date: 6/1/2003
Fix a rare case in Manual stitching when stitching Fisheye-2 images.
Version 1.0.06: Release date: 4/2/2003
Panoramas of very large sizes (>20000) can now be stitched.
Version 1.0.05: Release date: 9/18/2002
Bug fixes in row bridging related stitching.
Version 1.0.04: Release date: 3/22/2002
Applet can properly view omniramas of partial loops.
Version 1.0.03: Release date: 2/20/2002
Add omnirama pole-filling feature
Version 1.0.02: Release date: 1/28/2002
Fix in bridge pairs.
Support QuickTime 5 Cubic movie and omniramas of less than 360 degrees.
Version 1.0.01: Release date: 1/10/2002
Bug fixes in: bridge images, image pair adjustment, blending orders, and .mov file qaulity.
Version 1.0.00: Release date: 12/25/2001